Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Storm Chasers

You have to be completely out of your mind to do it, but the rewards would be so worth it! I have always been fascinated with the fury of mother nature, tornadoes in particular. This video does not show as much as a lot of the other ones I have watched, but I find it incredibly intense nonetheless. It is one of the few videos capturing the mile wide E-F5 tornado that hit Greensburg, Kansas on May 4th, 2007. I had the honor of visiting Greensburg years ago while driving through to Dodge City.


I love this video. What kind of an idiot stands in his TRAILER and films a tornado through the window as it goes by. It should be noted this man was also struck by lightning and knocked out when one of his windows blew in. I guess it takes stupid people to get really great footage like this.


Finally right here at home, this is the surveillance camera footage from outside the high school in Caruthersville, Missouri. The footage shows the E-F3 tornado that hit on April 2, 2006.

Unfortunately, all three of these particular storms resulted in a loss of life. The dark side of my passion.

1 comment:

Zan said...

Awesome videos!
Just goes to show...people in trailers shouldn't throw tornadoes. :)