Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's things like this...

Simple little things that really get me. Mike delivered a loaf of his famously delicious chocolate chip banana bread to the house yesterday. That simple act of kindness meant more to me than anything anyone has done for me in a long time. Thank you Mike! I mean that with all my heart!

Tony should be going home tomorrow. The doctors have done everything they are going to do. They say he has a few weeks. We shall see what happens.

I am finding it really hard to care about shit right now. Christmas is 5 days away and I don't care. I have sent out no cards, bought no gifts, nothing. I did take out more life insurance so that when I die Kody will be taken care of. I guess I still care about some stuff.

I feel like I need to say something, but it won't come out. I'm not sure what it is.

Cyndi Lauper - Sally's Pigeons

4 comments:

Zan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zan said...

Sorry I deleted my last comment, I left something out...


"And I look high and low for yesterday
High and low for you and I
High and low"

I love you, and I miss you...

Mike1877 said...

When my grandparents passed much the same way and time. I went through about a six month numbness that just didn't go away. They were parents to me and pretty much signified everything stable in my life up to that point. My regret is that we were lucky in knowing that "soon" will come. I regret that I didn't get what I needed them to know and hear out. Otherwise being able to say goodbye and spend those moments. In a very weird way and it probably makes no sense right now. You are lucky. Try and feel happy that you have this time. Spend this time with him and have those discussions you haven't had, or have been meaning to have or might have.

I know this sucks. And there really is nothing to say but I am sorry. If I prayed I would pray for him and your family. But since I dont I will keep you in my thoughts and wishes. And I hope the Naner bread helped even just a tinge. *smiles*

Mike1877 said...

I forgot to say. You are welcome and its my pleasure.