Sunday, December 16, 2007

Black Christmas

Let me give you the rundown. It should be noted before I begin that my stepfather's oncologist has been delighted at how they were slowing the growth of his lung cancer and making sure it did not spread.

After complaining of stomach pain and a distended abdomen for a few days he went in to be seen. After running a battery of tests the doctor decided it was his gallbladder, and it needed to come out most likely. Wednesday Tony reports to Capital Region for what was supposed to be a simple outpatient surgery.

When a doctor actually took the time to look at Tony, they discovered his abdomen is riddled with cancer, which has also caused a massive infection because his intestines have basically collapsed. He is still in the hospital, and the doctors have said if he can beat the infection he will have anywhere from a few weeks up to a couple of months to live. If he could start on some kind of treatment, it may drag things out a few more months, however due to the surgery and infection, he can't even start treatment for 4 weeks. Talk about being over a fucking barrel.

So, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone on Tony's medical treatment team this past year. Your competence and confidence that the cancer had not spread has warmed my family's hearts this holiday season You have all done a bang up job, and I truly hope that they save a special spot for your miserable asses in HELL!

No song today, instead I think one of the greatest sequences in horror movie history sums up my current mood pretty well.

3 comments:

Zan said...

I am ashamed to admit that I hadn't previously seen "Carrie", only read the story. I'd say that's an excellent summation of rage and horror you are feeling as a result of the incompetence of Tony's doctors. When you and your mother are ready, I hope that you take action to let them know that giant fuckups like that are unacceptable no matter how human they are. Take it out of their proverbial asses. Let me know if you need anything.

Ryan said...

Thanks Lexy, and you need not worry about the doctors having this taken out of their proverbial asses. It is as good as done.

Mike1877 said...

I am sooo very sorry. I have a extra special loaf of Chocolate Chip Naner Bread for you. I will try to bring it over for you and your mother soon.