Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Mist



Kody and I went to see The Mist tonight. Being derived from one of my very favorite Stephen King short stories, this was a must see for me.
I was not disappointed. The movie pretty much followed the story line the way Mr. King told it years ago. The end however was different. In the story we were not told the outcome, but left to fill in the blanks as we would like. The movie filled in the blank for us, and if I may say so in one of the most disturbing ways one could think of. After doing a little research, the movie ending apparently had the blessing of Mr. King before it was shot, but it just does not seem like his style. Anyway, the end left me feeling upset and disturbed. So I guess Mr. Darabont did his job. I liked the movie, liked it a lot in fact, but I liked the ending Mr. King allowed me to come up with on my own much better.

So you know, just in case you were wondering, Kody and I are not fighting, and are just fine. What was written on my blog was done so because at that moment it is how I felt, and that makes it's presence here justified, even if slightly unreasonable. As always, your comments and opinions are welcome

I guess since Thanksgiving is over, it is officially time to start celebrating Christmas. A bit early if you ask me, but hey who am I to argue with everyone. While this may not have come directly from the 80's, I'm sure none of you will question it's placement here. It rocks my face off!! Let the countdown to Christmas begin!!!!


Twisted Sister - Oh Come All Ye Faithful

2 comments:

Zan said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your movie! I am also happy to hear there's no fighting, but I didn't really see you guys having trouble over that kind of stuff anyway.
Yes, that Christmas thing is upon us again...and I suppose I shall not protest. :)

Mike1877 said...

YAY!!!! I found your wiimote and nun-chuk, They were under the couch. So when you come over next they are here.

Talk to yall later!!!